Here we go.

17 January 2009

Being (North) Little Rock

I made a tasty mistake.  Instead of buying regular dark chocolate bars, I mistakenly bought dark chocolate bars with a soft creamy chocolate filling.  Would these work for chocolate chip cookies?  I was doubtful, wanting to go by the book, but ATM convinced me to be experimental & adventurous.  They turned out so well and I'd make them again!


POTENTIAL.  The Arkansas Sustainability Network is moving and Eclipse Glasses is seriously considering renting the building right after them.  I've claimed a small stake in the deal as well -- it would be nice to have a space away from home to do things.  Be it soap-making, baking (I'd have to supply a stove), wood-working, pot lucking or playing music, we would have a place of our own to do things!  Small shows.  Dance parties.  Activism meeting place.  Endless possibilities.  If all works out as planned, we're looking at moving in in March!

As you can see, there's an outdoor hang out area. Biergarten?  Herb garden?  I've got a grill to donate.  And you can see the Mansion in the background:

A room downstairs. ASN is in the process of moving out, so they have stuff everywhere.

A nook upstairs:

Upstairs:

It needs a little TLC, but I hang out with visionaries and I trust their judgment.  It's exciting because we won't just be living Little Rock, we'd BE Little Rock.  (And, NLR!)

Today, me, ATM, KMHD, Zach & Collin drove to Bauxite to celebrate Lunar New Year @ Bauxite High School & the temple.  2009 Year of the Ox!

KMHD. Please note the eggroll by her foot. Poor little fella!:

Watching karaoke!


Good eats:

Communal eating tables:

My mum! She sold Vietnamese coffees & fruit. She also served as the event's FIRST AID.:

Two sisters:

I totally made them line up for a photo a la vacation photo style:

Chuc mung nam moi!

The altar:

Collin making an incense offering:

ATM doing the same:


I'm worn out!

To-do:  

1.  I've got to make an Inauguration Day lunch for my workmates on Tuesday.  I'm thinking chicken tortilla soup and a key lime pie.  That means working up a list & going to the grocery store. 

2.  Get my Inauguration Ball outfit together.

3.  Kickboxing.  Sometimes I forget that I'm still in the class, no thx to holidays and week-long illnesses.  Me & KMHD are quitting soon, though.  I will then be taking up yogalates.  I'm totally not joking.






 


6 comments:

nicole said...

Welcome back! So glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your holiday. Those cookies look pret-ty tasty. Good luck with the ASN space... xo.

Alannah said...

Again - great photos (I'm ignoring the awful opposum). The food....mmmm. Also, wow - so jealous of the possibility of that space! We've been looking for nigh on 2 years for a similar space in F'ville...everything is overpriced.

AMD & KMHD said...

Thank you, Nicole!

Ha, Alannah, that opposum was in the tree in the backyard. He let me get pretty damn close to take that snapshot. The sad thing is that 1. SOLO hates all other felines, but 2. loves possums. I don't know why. I hate it because I don't want her to get messed up by one.

The space is amazing. I have ideas and plans swirling around in my mind. You will all have to visit!

Alannah said...

SOLO has a taste for danger, doesn't she?

Keeping my fingers crossed on that studio space...I dream of having a space of my own for creative endeavors. At this point, I'll even take a corner of a room.

Have a great (short) week! It's almost TOMORROW!!

Anonymous said...

If y'all get the ASN space, did you know that you'd be literally around the corner from me at Sierra Club? Do it!

AMD & KMHD said...

GLEN, YES, I thought about that! New hangout! I'm hoping that Lorenza called the landlord today, putting our collective foot in the door.

Blog Archive